Saturday, February 9, 2013

Rock Liebster!

Stop the presses! Hold the phone! Mrs. Dr. Looze over at http://whenlifegivesyoumedicinemakemartinis.com/ nominated me for a 'Liebster Award'. Yeah, I'd totally never heard of it either. I did Google, Wiki, Bing and Yahoo it and was left unsatisfied, similar to the effect Ja's med school has on my social calendar.

The 'Liebster', which means darling or beloved (thank you Frau Gold and sophomore high school German), is an award/gift given to you by another blogger who enjoys reading your blog and has been inspired.  I truly hope I haven't inspired Mrs. Dr. Looze to drink more due to my fondness of chardonnay.  I'd say the Rules of Engagement are a bit iffy since I've seen a smattering of details on the net, but I'm going to fly with what MDL had on her page. 

That's How We Roll in Liebster Land:

A.  Thank the person who nominated you!
B.  The Nominee must list 11 statements about her/himself.
C.  The Nominee must answer the 11 questions the Nominator asked.
D.  The Nominee must nominate 11 others (and you have to TELL them they've been nominated).


Eleven Bits & Bites about Kel (that's me, the author of this blog):

1. I don't believe the Pringle should really be classified as a potato chip.
2.  Charles Grodin and Oliver Platt are 2 of my all time faves in movie-land.
3.  I say "2 minutes, Turkish" to my hubs all the time even though he NEVER remembers that Jason Stathom said it in 'Snatch'. Let this be a lesson to you - med school kills the FUN brain cells.
4.  There is never enough coffee. Never.
5.  I toss and turn at night if the kitchen isn't clean when I go to bed.
6.  If I could move to London, England tomorrow I would. Wait! Not true - I'd move today.
7.  I fat finger on the iPhone 5 all of the time.
8.  I miss going into an office everyday simply because I miss my work wardrobe.
9.  No matter what people say, the Wedge and the Platform are 2 different shoes. I find this easy to understand and am irritated when people don't get it.
10.  People who haven't seen the original 'Star Wars' fall into two categories: infant or dead.
11.  When I talk about Coach I feel like the character Stuart MacKenzie in 'So I Married an Axe Murderer'. I think the website emits an addictive chemical, just like KFC.

Questions for ME from Mrs. Dr. Looze:

1. Why did you start blogging?
Boredom, the need to document our adventures in a tropical "paradise", my incessant need to do 15 things at one time.
2. If you could be any animal in the world what would you pick and why?
OK - this is a difficult question. Animals lick their own butts and I think that's gross. Actually, nature is pretty gross to me even though technically we are all nature. So... I'm going to say a red blood cell so I can multiply and then have someone do my hair.
3. What would you choose for your last meal on earth?
Wouldn't be eating a last meal, I'd be drinking a chardonnay.
4. What’s your middle name?
I don't have a middle name on the blog.
5. If you could plan out every day of your life for the next 5 years would you?
Um... I do that now. I'm a planner and a list maker.
6. What is your favorite city in America?
Chi Town, baby!!
7. What is your biggest downfall?
See number 5. It's a gift and a curse.
8. What is your best attribute?
My ability to separate business and friendship.
9. If a movie was made about you who would play you?
I can't answer this. Everyone in Hollywood has great hair, skin, and has a 24/7 personal trainer. I do not. It's like asking who the next president will be if only given 2 options. Wait... we already did that.
10. What is your favorite article of clothing that you own?
My black peep-toe wedges that I purchased just before breaking my foot. Sigh...
11. If you had to pick, what is one thing you would change about your appearance?
Thicker eyelashes. Maybelline makes a killer mascara, but it would be cool if I didn't need so much help.

Questions for my Liebster Nominees:

1.  What color is your toothbrush?
2.  Kindle or Paperback?
3.  List 5 cities in South America without looking online or in an Atlas.
4.  Did you watch 'Sesame Street' as a child?
5.  Do you recycle?
6.  If you had to pick between yard work and cleaning house, which would you pick?
7.  Do you know who won any of the Nobel Prizes awarded in 2012 without looking? If so, list at least one.
8.  CNN or Fox News?
9.  Cat person or a dog person?
10.  Name one person who has influenced your food choices in the past month.
11.  Filet mignon, seared mahi mahi or chicken breast?



And the Liebster goes to:




No comments: