Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lip Gloss, Elections & Hair! Oh My!

When I was in high school one of my friends had a cordless curling iron; hands down the coolest thing since aerosol AquaNet to a child of the 80's. I'll admit, I had iron envy.  In college I'd mastered teasing my hair and an all-around movement with my arm to thoroughly coat my tresses. I also became obsessed with scrunchies. One of the girls on the dance team had scrunchies in every imaginable color.  Enter the green monster.  As a woman in my late 30's (since I REFUSE to succumb to the early 40's movement), I was spending my free-time pining away for a time when I could eat a glazed doughnut without doing 500 crunches to counter-balance the caloric intake, the Louboutin Rolando pump, BBC programming and the seamless forehead of a 23-year old.  In my progressed age I noticed the wrinkle-free kids that surrounded us on this island had a different set of political ideals and they wore election opinions on their sleeves. This was the current topic of choice for Taffi and I during our weekly Skype IM session.


MedSchoolMama:  taff! stop sending me photos of your shoes, your car and your house. it makes me hate you.

LaffyTaffy:  secretly?

MedSchoolMama:  no bish!  the secret is OUT! stop b/f i have max take away the amex!

LaffyTaffy:  sometimes i hate YOU and then i remember that you left your lou's here and it makes it all okay. how goes the island? did jameson run for student body or government or whatever the hell you call it in med school?

MedSchooMama:  no - totally bagged on that suggestion. i think he was nauseous just thinking about it. not enough time, too much drama. mostly the drama.

LaffyTaffy:  speaking of drama - WTF is up with romney's jeans? wardrobe guy is an imbecile. who let's their candidate go out in mom jeans. dear gawd!

MedSchoolMama: mom jeans? um..... what about the bigger issue of healthcare?

LaffyTaffy:  OMG - i heard at someone at work say botox and other cosmetics are covered with omahacare!!!! do i need to mention the 11's????

MedSchooMama:  it's OBAMAcare, not omaha! wtf?

LaffyTaffy:  whatevs. if you come into town i'll take you to my derm and we can fix your wrinkles. i KNOW you're self conscious surrounded by so much youth.

MedSchooMama:  i heard the "youth" around here talking about legalizing pot across the nation and if the laws would apply to them HERE if they brought a bag with them when they flew back to the island post christmas break.

LaffyTaffy:  euphoria!  a world with legal taxable ditchweed and juviderm for free

MedSchoolMama:  gotta run. conf call. touch my shoes and die a slow painful death (remember the time you got the bad wax)

LaffyTaffy:  love you bish!  OMAHA RAMEN NOODLE 2012

MedSchooMama:  snap. crackle. and pop. you are drinking. that was a robert mondavi comment. and at noon your time. hellfire - are you &  max having a nooner??? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............  signing off.

1 comment:

From A Doctors Wife said...

The mom jeans comment made me laugh, because that was the same comment people made about Obama in jeans during the 2008 election cycle. Politicians obviously look better in suits than they do in jeans.

I had a cordless curling iron:-) I remember it never really getting hot enough to do the job right. Our hair appliances worked a lot harder in the 80's!